◤WHAT PEOPLE ARE TALKING ABOUT
Everything you need to know about Bitcoin independence day. This answers questions like what is UASF, Segwit, BIP 148, and Segwit2x. As a follow up, read this to see the Bitcoin dates you should be aware of. Those dates are:
- July 14: BTC1 Deployment
- July 21: BIP91 Signaling to Start
- July 23 (at the earliest): BIP91 Lock In
- July 25 (at the earliest): BIP91 Activation
- July 29: BIP91 Deadline
- July 31: BIP141 Deadline
- August 1: BIP148 Activation
- August 4: Potential Bitcoin ABC Launch
- August 15: Potential BIP148 Proof-of-Work Change
- Mid- to late- August: SegWit Lock In
- Late August to Mid-September: SegWit Activation
- Late October to Mid-November: SegWit2x Hard Fork
- Illinois prepares to regulate blockchain industry.
- South Korea sets up task force to determine if Bitcoin needs regulations.
As as extra, here's a nice little article about cryptocurrency that was just published in TechCrunch.
◤THINGS I LIKE
How Bitcoin is already playing a key role in the unsteady financial systems of some developing markets.
Bitcoin and the power of belief. This article talks about why cryptocurrencies are no different from most other risky assets.