QUOTE OF THE DAY
“Kites rise highest against the wind, not with it..”
—Winston S. Churchill
The Most Revolutionary Thing To Crypto Since...
Since anything really.
Yesterday Coinbase announced that they're adding phone support. *Drops Mic*
According to their announcement, phone support will be available to customers Monday through Friday, 8 A.M. to 5 P.M. Pacific Time.
Now I present to you...
The CoinSheet Unofficial, Official Mini-Guide to Coinbase (no relation) Phone Support
What you should call them for:
- "I clicked on a link in an email from a Nigerian prince, and than I realized what happened last time I clicked on a link in an email from a Nigerian price. Please lockdown my account and keep my corns safe."
- "Dudes, your ID verification robot doesn't work on my because I'm ugly, please help me get verified."
- "5k limits? I'm a whale, here's proof, please increase my limit so I can more effectively use your services."
What you shouldn't call them for:
- "Why is the price of Ethereum soo high??"
- "I buy Bitcoin yesterday, why not in account now. I repart you to SEC!"
- "Hey yo, can you tell me when by "friend" Jihan bought Bitcoin."
- "Halp! When LaMbO?"
Now without further adieu, everyone, whip out those 3 month old support tickets.
You can read more on this announcement at their blog.
European Union Wants to Beef Up Penalties
In other news, the the European Union wants to beef up penalties for cryptocurrency crimes.
CoinDesk reports that "the European Union's executive arm outlined its intent to introduce a new directive focused on digital crimes, citing recent ransomware attacks in the region and abroad. Part of that plan would involve the creation of a European cybersecurity agency to spearhead such efforts.
Included in the proposal is a plan to beef up punishments for those involved in related cybercrimes, including ransomware attacks."
You can read more about this here.
China Likes Blockchain Tech
According to a report by Caixin, the China Academy of Information and Communications Technology (CAICT) – a research institution under the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology – has launched a research facility called the Trusted Blockchain Open Lab in order to support the ongoing development of the technology in China.
To be fair, blockchain tech doesn't 100% mean it's going to be crypto-related.
Anyways, you can read more about this here.
Swiss Telecom Giant Launches New Blockchain Business
A major state-owned telecommunications provider in Switzerland has created a new business entity centered around blockchain.
It's still vague as to what exactly they're going to do, but they're using the work blockchain, so it must be important, and it must be mentioned (#sarcasm).
No I'm serious, here's an article about it.
THINGS I LIKE
The Non-techie’s Guide To Servers
You know those things that you don't understand, want to, but don't really want to, but should.
This is probably one of those things.
You can read this article here.
10 Ways to Make Peak-State Decisions
I stumbled across a nice little article by Benjamin P. Hardy that talks about making better decisions and investing in yourself.
Here is the TL;DR -
- You must make a definitive decision while in a peak state.
- Remind yourself continually of the decision you’ve made.
- Invest yourself in that decision.
- Reach out to the right people (who will tell you the hard truth).
- Invest more — (the more invested you are, the more your identity will change).
- Be honest with yourself about the changes you must make to evolve.
- Prepare yourself as much as possible to succeed (even though you can’t predict everything)
- Give others their due credit, and focus on transformational relationships (not transactional ones)
- Fight for the decision you’ve made — because no one cares about your success more than you do.
- Humbly watch as things fall into place, and to acknowledge when they do.
You can read his full article here.
My Current Sentiment: Neutral
Daily Number Indicator
Join The Discussion On Discord
Here's an invite: https://discord.gg/UTp6bCU
Want To Support CoinSheet? Do it, get perks.
Wait what!? You haven't subscribed? Let's change that.