◤WHAT PEOPLE ARE TALKING ABOUT
Rehash of yesterday: Bitcoin Improvement Proposal 91 (BIP 91) to trigger Segregated Witness (SegWit) activation locked in yesterday. I've been getting a bunch of questions from folks who are a bit perplexed by all the fancy jargon so I wanted to describe what's happening in a way the layman could understand.
Bitcoin has gained a lot of traction within the past year, and as a result the time to process a transaction with Bitcoin has been increasing. Because Bitcoin transactions take a long time to confirm, it's hard for Bitcoins to be used like you would use any other currency. Imagine going to Starbucks and expecting to pay with Bitcoin and having to wait 3 hours after you order your fancy frappuccino because you're waiting for the transaction to confirm. That would be a problem wouldn't it?
Segwit is here to try and solve some of these scalability problems with Bitcoin. Segwit enables Bitcoin to process more transactions. You can read more on how this is done here.
Naturally, not everyone was happy with this upgrade. Some people think this upgrade was too rushed and buggy. Read more here.
Nonetheless, some uncertainty with Bitcoin has been lifted and the price of Bitcoin has responded accordingly.
In Other News: A Federal Judge sided with a Coinbase customer against the IRS. Magistrate Judge Jacqueline Corley permitted the unnamed customer to challenge the agency’s summons and proceed with his case anonymously.
Fortune magazine added, In her ruling, U.S. Magistrate Judge Jacqueline Corley strongly agreed, and declared the scope of the IRS request is unprecedented.
The question now is, will this be allowed to stand in a higher court ?
Very bullish signalling today.
◹STARTED THIS WEEK (7/16/2017 - 7/22/2017)
July 16, 2017
- Agrello (DLT) - Legally binding smart contracts on the Ethereum blockchain.
- Populous (PPT) - An invoice and trade finance platform with a profit-sharing token that will launch on Ethereum.
- Honestis Network (HNT) - Portable identity management on a new blockchain to be used in trade, eSignitures, and ID verification.
July 17, 2017
- 8 Circuit Studios (8BT) - A game development ecosystem powered by an ERC20 token.
- AICoin (XAI) - A tokenized investment fund targeting blockchain and artificial intelligence technologies with a DAO governance model.
- Bowhead Health (AHT) - The first medical instrument powered by blockchain. Real-time biometric diagnostics in a smart dispenser.
- MyBit (MYB) - Enables fast, secure, and cost-effective access to global capital.
- CoinDash (CDT) - A crypto-based social trading platform that allows its users access to advanced portfolio management tools. [Sale halted due to hack]
July 18, 2017
- district0x Network (DNT) - A collective of decentralized marketplaces and communities. Powered by Ethereum, Aragon, and IPFS.
July 19, 2017
- DigiPulse (DGT) - A platform for issuing blockchain-based wills for crypto-assets.
- SanCoin (S8N) - A "contribution graph" blockchain designed to help keep track of project contributors in the open-source community.
- Virtual Cash Back (VCB) - A mobile coupon/rebate application and redemption processing infrastructure based on an ERC20 token.
July 22, 2017
- ImmersiveOS (IMM) - An augmented reality platform powered by blockchain.
◹STARTING NEXT WEEK (7/23/2017 - 7/29/2017)
July 23, 2017
- InvestFeed (IFT) - An incentivized social investment network for cryptocurrencies.
- Ziber (ZBR) - A blockchain protocol for VOIP communication aimed at reducing overhead.
July 25, 2017
- BitClave (CAT) - BitClave active search ecosystem is a platform that enables direct customer-to-business interactions with no need for intermediaries.
- Presearch (PST) - An open, decentralized search engine that rewards community members for their use, contribution to, and promotion of the platform.
- Propy (PRO) - Global property store with a decentralized title registry.
- SLOGN Logistics (SLOGN) - An open source platform for decentralized logistics powered by blockchain and AI.
July 26, 2017
- BitBounce (CREDO) - A crypto-token based spam solution for email.
- Sosnovkino (SNK) - A tokenized land development venture based in Russia.
July 27, 2017
- Stox (STX) - Stox is an open source, Bancor based prediction market platform.
- Tierion (TNT) - A universal platform for data verification that operates at scale.
◤QUOTE OF THE DAY
Join the conversation on Discord, here's an invite: https://discord.gg/UTp6bCU
Want to support CoinSheet but don't know how? Become a Patron at less than 4 cents per sheet (psst, we accept crypto too).
Wait what!? You're out there and haven't subscribed? Let's change that.