QUOTE OF THE DAY
“There are many paths to the top of the mountain, but the view is always the same.”
SEC Chairman: Initial Coin Offerings Will Have to Register as Securities
In a recent speech to an exclusive group of attorneys in New York, Walter Joseph Clayton, Securities and Exchange (SEC) Chairman, in prepared remarks and brief statements, equated Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs) with securities.
Bitcoin-Based Ethereum Rival RSK Set to Launch Next Month
The long-awaited smart contract solution for Bitcoin’s blockchain that offers additional scaling improvements, RSK, is preparing to launch.
(That name tho, RSK? Sounds a lot like risk. In the crypto space, it might need a rebranding.)
What Else Is Going On?
- Sitcom Big Bang Theory will dedicate entire episode on Bitcoin.
- Cryptocurrency mining sales cool in Q3, Says Nvidia.
- European commission to assess potential of EU-Wide blockchain infrastructure.
- UN agencies turn to blockchain in fight against child trafficking.
- Baltic nations agree to support distributed ledger technologies (DLT) development.
My Current Sentiment: Bearish.